Joie has a trio of Summer updates, regarding their R129 certification.
SteadiTM R129 is a protective partner that will allow little ones to rearward face up to 105cms. A Side Impact Certified seat, steadiTM R129 will ensure the best head, neck and all over protection – seats that were classified under the previous R44 standard did not include mandatory side impact protection.
SteadiTM R129 at a glance
•Grow Together multi-height headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness.
• Padded infant head and body support
• 4 recline positions: 1 rear facing and 3 forward facing for tilt options at every age
• Large belt path opening at back of seat for ease of install
• Dual lock-offs for installing with vehicle’s 3-point seat belt
• 5-point harness with soft, padded covers keeps baby cosy and secure
• One pull motion easily tightens the 5-point harness
• Plush cushioning and knit fabrics keep little ones cosy
• Washable cover
Meanwhile, Joie’s calmiTM R129 is a first of its kind for the brand. Safe meets snug in this luxurious car seat and carry cot combo that keeps baby sleeping safely from car to stroll and everywhere in between.
CalmiTM R129 at a glance
• Meets the new ECE R129/03 standard
• Lie-flat lounging from 40-70 cm, up to 9 kg
• Pairs with i-Base Encore and i-Base LX 2
• 180º lie-flat car cot doubles as both car seat and carry cot
• Compatible with most Joie pushchairs using adapters
• Featherlight design at just 3.6 kg
• Full coverage, UPF 50+ and water repellent canopy
• Infant body and head support
• Easily accessible release buttons on sides of cot
• Easy buckling 3-point harness with padded covers
• One pull motion easily tightens harness
• Plush, deluxe cushioning and soft-knit fabrics
• Removable, machine washable covers
• Built in ventilation for airflow
• 3-position adjustable handlebar
• Cool weather apron pops on and off in an instant
• Storage pockets on both inside and outside of cot
Finally, the Joie juvaTM has long been a popular option for parents looking for a fuss free and featherweight option – and now, the juvaTM has had an i-Size glow up.
Joie juva at a glance
• Suitable rearward facing from birth to 75cm
• Curved base allows for rocking and relaxing
• Multi-position, ergonomic carry handle
• Removable and machine washable fabrics
• Sun canopy offers optimum protection
• Installs in vehicles with the Joie clickFIT™ R129, i-Base™ 2, i-Base™ lx 2
• SoftTouch, 3-point harness with one-pull front adjustment
• Padded harness cushions and lower buckle cover for baby’s comfort
• Attaches the included muze™ lx pushchair without adapters
Joie is a global baby gear brand founded in 2011 and its products are designed with families at its heart. All Joie products are rigorously tested to the highest European standards.
Joie works hard to educate consumers about the importance of car seat safety and the benefits of using rear facing car seats and the European i-Size standard.
Joie cares deeply about the wellbeing of children – but it’s more than that – we treasure the importance of families and work hard to champion their values, their welfare and their futures. This means that profits take the backseat, and instead Joie’s focus centres not only on our customers’ families, but on our employees’ families, our community’s families, and the earth that we all enjoy.
Joie is the United Nations Global Partner for Road Safety through their UNITAR program (United Nations Institute of Training and Research.)
Joie products are designed to grow up with users from birth onwards and are feature rich with every necessity and special upgrades
Each product features superior quality aluminium and steel; high-grade, pure and undiluted metals; top-of-the-line plastics; and tough durable strength fabrics
Every piece of every product goes through extreme testing at each stage of the development and manufacturing process
During development, stroller and buggy canopies, reclines, brakes, fold mechanism and push bar adjustments are tested over 3,000 times.