Many retailers recently unveiled their final order dates for online purchases before Christmas. However, after ParcelHero’s warning that these were too optimistic, given ongoing driver shortages, ports delays, weather and supply chain issues, some stores have now sensibly reduced their order window.
ParcelHero’s Head of Consumer Research, David Jinks M.I.L.T., says: ‘Delivery issues are already biting. Right now, some retailers, such as ASOS UK (Lichfield), Cath Kidston, Joules, and The White Company have temporarily suspended their fastest, more expensive, next day home delivery options, which is a sensible move.
‘Given the anticipated problems in supply chains and deliveries created by Covid-19 and Brexit, we were alarmed to find how close to the wire many retailers’ final online order dates were when we re-launched our Christmas deadlines tool again this year.
‘It’s good to see that some retailers are doing the responsible thing and pulling their final order dates earlier in December to allow time for delays and disruption.
‘Here’s a list of Responsible Retailers who have bought forward their Christmas final order dates:
- ASOS: was 24 December now 23 December – though next day deliveries suspended currently
- Boohoo: was 23 December now 22 December
- Cath Kidston: was 23 December, now likely to be 15 December (7 working days)
- Harrods: was 23 December now 22 December
- Karren Millen: was 23 December now 22 December
- New Look: was 23 December now 22 December
- Topshop: was 23 December now 22 December – Topshop is now ASOS and next day deliveries may be suspended currently
- Urban Outfitters: was 22 December now 21 December (9 December for furniture)
- Warehouse: was 23 December now 22 December
‘Our research shows that Christmas online sales rose by a stunning 56% last year compared to 2019. This year, 1 in 3 shoppers plan to buy entirely online. In normal times, retailers and their delivery partners could cope with the expected increase in orders. This year, the expected supply chain disruption means there would have been a lot of disappointed little faces around the Christmas tree had dates not been moved.
‘Given the current strain on delivery services, we won’t be surprised if even more retailers bring forward their final order dates as Christmas nears. That’s why our continually updated Christmas deadlines tool is so useful for keeping shoppers in the know with all their favourite retailers’ final order dates.
To check the easy-to-use retailers’ final order and final mailing dates tool, see: https://www.parcelhero.com/events/christmas-gifts-delivery