Infant & Toddler Forum (ITF) – an expert-led, not for profit organisation specialising in early years nutrition and development, has launched an innovative resource inspired by parents, and designed to help parents and carers simplify planning meals for their toddlers.
Solving the challenge of which foods, how often and how much, the Toddler Meal Planner helps to get the balance right whilst at the same time encouraging those healthy habits for life.
Tackling childhood obesity
With rising childhood obesity rates, the new tool can help parents and carers get the right balance of foods and nutrients as toddlers develop. The resource also aims to support and empower the 39% of parents who don’t feel confident about what to feed their toddler.
Specially developed to meet the nutrient needs of rapidly growing children (1-4 year olds) and packed with useful info and helpful tools, the digital resource includes:
– 67 tasty and nutritious toddler recipes developed by a Paediatric Dietitian
– A 14-day meal planner featuring easy toddler meal ideas and healthy toddler snacks
– Photos of the recommended toddler portion size for each recipe and snack ideas for children
– Guidance on how to combine a variety of meals and snacks to ensure that your toddler receives a balanced diet every day
– Tips and tricks on saving money on groceries, ordering and shopping for food