Kit & Kin, the sustainable nursery brand co-founded by Emma Bunton, is celebrating its fifth birthday and to mark this milestone, Emma, who has credited the brand as being one of her greatest achievements, reflects on the journey so far and celebrates some of the key accomplishments:
• Kit & Kin has developed the most accredited eco nappy on the planet: including FSC, Allergy Certified and Dermatest.
• Switched to carbon neutral production for its nappies in 2020: the nappies are also made using sustainably sourced, plant-based materials and are wrapped in 100% sustainable packaging, making them kind on baby’s skin and our planet.
• Protected thousands of acres of rainforest through its charitable foundation: Kit & Kin is the only nappy brand to purchase and protect acres of precious rainforest – for every 10 nappy subscriptions, they purchase 1 acre, helping to maintain this vital ecosystem for generations to come.
• Donated thousands of packs of nappies and wipes to baby banks across the UK: helping families in need through their support.
• Been awarded 35 industry accolades: including the Absolute Design Award and Best Babies Toiletries Collection from Junior, Loved by Parents’ Best Ethical Brand and Best Nappy Design, and The Beauty Shortlist’s Best Eco Nappy.
Speaking about five years of Kit & Kin, Emma said:
“We are very excited to celebrate five years of Kit & Kin, looking back I am incredibly proud of all we’ve achieved so far.From the moment I met Chris (my fellow co-founder) it was clear we shared the same goal for creating a truly ethical family brand. Now five years later it’s amazing to see Kit & Kin thriving. Knowing that so many parents are choosing our products is a wonderful feeling.”
As the world becomes more environmentally aware, parents are striving to make more sustainable choices. Thanks to its carbon neutral factory producing its iconic eco nappies, the use of sustainably sourced natural ingredients and a clear commitment to protecting the planet through its own charitable foundation, Kit & Kin is the perfect go-to for families keen to parent naturally from day one.
“I’m excited to see what the future holds for Kit & Kin – we worked out that if every one of the three billion nappies used in the UK every year was a Kit & Kin nappy, it would save more than 36,000 tonnes of carbon being released and lock in an additional 6.5million tonnes of carbon biomass through protected rainforest- now that’s a goal to aim for!”
Kit & Kin will be marking its 5th birthday with a month-long celebration throughout March, with their customers at the heart of their festivities. Customers will receive birthday presents including prizes, special offers and free gifts. Plus, Kit & Kin are inviting customers to earn double points with fun birthday themed missions in their eco parenting community the Kit & Kin Family.
About Kit & Kin
Established in March 2017, Kit & Kin was created by co-founders Emma Bunton, Spice Girl, TV and radio presenter and UNICEF ambassador, and Christopher Money, Director of Product Development who brings over 15 years’ experience developing mother and baby products for some of the world’s leading brands.
Kit & Kin is the recipient of 35 industry awards, including the Absolute Design Award and Best Babies Toiletries Collection from Junior, Loved by Parents’ Best Ethical Brand and Best Nappy Design, and The Beauty Shortlist’s Best Eco Nappy.
Our Commitment To You
Kit & Kin uses natural, nourishing, eco-friendly and sustainable ingredients and materials to offer families a range of safe and effective everyday products via convenient and hassle-free monthly bundles delivered to your home. All products in the range are clinically and dermatologically tested to ensure they’re mild and kind to use on your skin.
Our Commitment To The Earth
For every 10 Kit & Kin nappy subscriptions, they’ll purchase and protect one acre of rainforest through the World Land Trust. These vital eco systems help provide clean air, lifesaving medicines and safe havens for some of the world’s most vulnerable wildlife.