British pushchair brand, iCandy, is running an initiative to support dads. ‘Dads Club’ is an inspired social concept to support new dads, work on their fitness, improve their mental health and encourage them to schedule in a little ‘me time’.
With a new social poll showing a staggering 95% of men believe that it is important to talk more openly about new dad’s mental health, the campaign couldn’t have come at a better time. The same social survey (recently hosted on iCandy’s Instagram platform) also found that 63% of the 1,000+ men questioned felt anxious when they first became dads, confirming to the brand just how important it is to ensure they feel supported and confident to open up in early fatherhood.
The much-loved brand has been working with celebrity PT Rich Tidmarsh to create a unique space for Dads to access across the country, allowing them to join together and feel supported, sharing experiences about their journey to fatherhood, and to talk openly about the pressures, the joys and everything in between!
The thought provoking and engaging campaign has garnered huge interest across its wide-reaching social platforms, as each week well known content creators (and iCandy users themselves!) Jay Porter, Kwadwo Benko and Daniel Cutting, have taken to the brands Instagram channel to publish weekly workouts and live material.
From mental health to fitness, bonding with baby, cooking and more, Dads have been invited to watch the weekly activities and join the #iCandyDadsClub community to feel part of a unique and supportive group of dads.
Speaking about the campaign, MD Martin Boyle said:
“We are extremely proud of this campaign. Dad’s Club has gone far beyond its initial thinking but having heard from the dads in our community we know just how important it is to use our platform to talk openly about fatherhood. I am thrilled to announce that due to its huge popularity, the Dads’ Club will be staying as a regular feature here at iCandy. After its initial 6-week launch, Dads’ Club will continue, with focused blogs, newsletter specials and social campaigns – watch this space!”
– iCandy is a British family business that celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018.
– The team is dedicated to creating pushchairs that reflect a unique sense of style and practical, well-designed solutions. The perfect mix of high-tech sophistication and smooth living, iCandy is for people who appreciate the value of British design, craftsmanship and technical innovation.
– In 2016 iCandy was delighted to share the news that Her Majesty The Queen had been graciously pleased to approve the Prime Minister’s recommendation that iCandy should receive a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade. The Queen’s Award for Enterprise is the UK’s most prestigious award for business performance.
– Following success in 2016, iCandy was delighted to claim another Queens Award, this time for Innovation in 2018, underlining the brand’s ongoing commitment to supreme product development.
– iCandy support Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital. The relationship with GOSH is one which the brand is extremely proud of, with all fundraising endeavours going towards raising money for the charity. Please see iCandy’s Just Giving page for more information: www.justgiving.com/company/icandy